In this area we can provide strategic advice and guidance on governance structure and business objectives planning offering comprehensive counsel concerning the regulatory landscape and best practice for corporate governance matters.
We assist clients with implementing new governance statutes, rules and regulations.
In particular we can offer:
- Expert reviews of corporate documentation (e.g., articles of incorporation/organization, charters, by-laws, etc.);
- Model corporate documents based on better practices and compliant with local law;
- Corporate governance assessments and improvement plans.
We also have considerable experience in advising shareholders on best practice in relation to corporate governance issues.
We advise clients on:
- Specifying the distribution of rights and responsibilities for stakeholders, board members, committees and managers;
- Implementing structures for corporate governance so that the shareholder objectives can be met;
- From an institutional investor perspective, we also recognize and advise investors on the importance of governance as a mechanism for monitoring the actions, policies and decisions of corporations in order to achieve an alignment of interests among stakeholders.